Sunday, July 4, 2010

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief

Rick Riordan’s first instalment of the Percy Jackson series is one of the books on our JUNIOR BOOK CLUB SUMMER RECOMMENDATIONS as chosen by our book club members.

I really enjoyed it!

As a committed Harry Potter fan, I thought there was not going to be any more space in my life for another fictional hero… How wrong I was. Percy is edgier, more rebellious and has a myriad of monsters to fight.

It’s not easy being the son of a Greek God but Percy tries his best and in this action packed story he comes into battle with Zeus, God of the Sky and Hades, God of the Underworld.

I must admit, I still do favour the magic of Harry Potter. But if it’s action and adventure you’re after, Percy is the way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment